Sunday 6 October 2013

Brightest Kind of Darkness (Brightest Kind of Darkness #1) by P.T Michelle

Brightest Kind of Darkness (BKoD #1) - by P.T Michelle



Official Blurb:

Nara Collins is an average sixteen-year-old, with one exception: every night she dreams the events of the following day. Due to an incident in her past, Nara avoids using her special gift to change fate…until she dreams a future she can’t ignore.

After Nara prevents a bombing at Blue Ridge High, her ability to see the future starts to fade, while people at school are suddenly being injured at an unusually high rate.


Grappling with her diminishing powers and the need to prevent another disaster, Nara meets Ethan Harris, a mysterious loner who seems to understand her better than anyone. Ethan and Nara forge an irresistible connection, but as their relationship heats up, so do her questions about his dark past.


My Review:

This is the second time I've read this book, and it's even better the first time (that may be because I'm older and more experienced, but ehh whatever!). This book is ah-mazing, with just the perfect mix of romance, mystery, paranormal activity, danger, excitement and adventure. And, oh yeah, boy oh boy does it include all of those things!

To be honest, there's nothing about this book that really stands out to me about this book other than the overall amazingness of it. I mean normally, theres' something that just grips me and keeps me reading and once I finish I can say - "the writing was so good, it had me gripped from page one!" "LOVED the story, it was such a page turner!" "The character - OHEMGEE - they had me up until 3 am just DYING!" - but with this book there is no such line.

The writing is pretty flawless - it's refreshing to occasionally find a book with little to no spelling and grammatical errors *eye roll* - but yet not sophisticated enough that it takes 90% of your brain to understand! The writing is simple and suits the story well, having quite a lot of 'flow' (i'm finally starting to work out what 'flow' is) and yet it's still kind of raw and rough.

The characters are well developed, yet not shown totally. There's more than one side (YAY!) and there's mystery shrouding the characters. I love it when you watch discoveries that the characters share about themselves as opposed to just discoveries they make about their situations and 'supernatural abilities' and the like. It's nice!

So an all-round good report! Nothing that really stood out, and to be honest this was one of those book I kind of forgot about, but it's a nice read that's gorgeous and I love! It's perfect for when you're in a curious mood and ready to go on an adventure without having to make too many discoveries ;)

So, that's it! Let me know if you enjoy :P

Queen of Reading!
Keep on reading, forget the dreaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment