Tuesday 26 February 2013

Convenant Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout


Once I read the Lux Series, I was desperate for some more (especially since the cliffhanger *cough* crue! *cough*) so I looked to see what else she had written. I had no expectations of the Covenant Series other than the Lux Series, tbh I didn’t even look up the blurb, just downloaded it straight to my kindle.

Again, I made the mistake of assuming this series was finished – which it ISN’T! I opened the first page, and the first thing I saw was ‘daimons’ and I was like: hmm, let’s see what Jennifer can do with the over-used idea’s of angels and demons…but just because they share a name doesn’t mean that demons and daimons are similar AT ALL! I also found it ironic how I’d just read a series were the love interest was called ‘Daemon’ and I was going to a book where the evil creatures were ‘daimons’ (both by the same author) but it didn’t bug me at all.

Here’s the blurb:

The Hematoi descend from the unions of gods and mortals, and the children of two Hematoi–pure bloods–have godlike powers. Children of Hematoi and mortals–well, not so much.
Half-bloods only have two options: become trained sentinels who hunt and kill daimons or become servants in the homes of the pures.
Seventeen-year-old Alexandria would rather risk her life fighting than waste it scrubbing toilets, but she may end up slumming it anyway. There are several rules that students at the Covenant must follow. Alex has problems with them all, but especially rule #1:
Relationships between pures and halfs are forbidden.
Unfortunately, she’s crushing hard on the totally hot pure-blood Aiden. But falling for Aiden isn’t her biggest problem–staying alive long enough to graduate the Covenant and become a Sentinel is. If she fails in her duty, she faces a future worse than death or slavery: being turned into a daimon, and being hunted by Aiden.

Yeah, blurbs rock!

I love Jennifer Armentrout, and her writing is SO good, like it just sits perfectly with me! This story is captivating and will keep you up until 4am reading it (which books don’t, though!) without a doubt!

If you're one of those people who hates it when the girl is a wuss who can't take care of herself, and has to have her 'knight' ride in on his 'white horse' and save her, then you'll love this book! But...if you ARE one of those girls who loves the knight on his horse, then you'll also love this book!

I think it shows the balance between being badass, ass-kicking and needing to be helped once in a little while. It shows that it's ok to be both sides, and someone can love you for it all!

Now, enough rambling...GO BUY THIS BOOK AND READREADREAD!

Love, 
Queen of Reading :) x

No comments:

Post a Comment